by Prue Bray on 11 September, 2018
A lot of revisions have been made to the Winnersh Relief Road planning application. Comments on them must be in by 24th September.
The application is on the council website http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/planning/planning-applications/
Look for application number 180760. The revised plans are at the bottom.
A lot of the things I was lobbying for have been included. We have not managed to do anything about the ban on right turns for Woodward Close or King Street Lane. Unfortunately the junctions wont work if they are allowed. We also have not got any extra signalised pedestrian crossings.
But we have got
– 30 mph speed limit
– better access arrangements for houses on Reading Road
– better pedestrian and cycling facilities
– a right turn filter for Sadlers Lane
– right turn filters for Sandstone Close and Laburnum Road
– better landscaping
– a fence between the playground and the new road
I expect the application to go to the planning committee on 10th October.
Please let me know what you think of it now.Leave a comment